I’m on a blogging rampage. Here’s the weird stuff I’ve found on Al Gore’s invention today…
- Let’s talk about squirrels. Rats with fluffy tails. True story: I was once attacked my squirrels by the Vietnam Memorial in DC. They wanted our snack foods and opened our backpacks. It was terrifying. Anyway, the science wonder children at UC Davis have found the solution to their squirrel overpopulation problem– birth control for squirrels. It’s true.
“This new birth control method may potentially help control squirrels or other species, such as white tailed deer,” said Sara Krause, a doctoral student in ecology who designed the plan.
“If we can test a birth control method and find it safe and effective, there’s a possibility of it being a breakthrough method in both urban and suburban areas,” she said.
I’m sure the Christians would rather they train the squirrels about natural family planning.
- On to the Big O. Nope not that kind. (Geeeeeez. Parents read this blog!) No, not Obama. (Good guess though.) I’m actually talking about Oprah. The lady’s got it going on. There are talks that O might not renew her talk show in 2011! THE HORROR. That gives us just three short years left with her. TiVO that shiz now, people. Or don’t, because it will run more in syndication than the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Oprah’s getting her own TV network. Boringly called the Oprah Winfrey Network, or hilariously and appropriately nicknamed, OWN. Oprah owns your soul. One might go so far as to say she PWNS you.
- This is a good one! There was a brawl in Jerusalem today. Sadly, that alone means nothing. But the devil is in the details. IT WAS BETWEEN MONKS. (Get it? Devil in the details? Monks? Religion? Uhh…) Yes, monks. Rival monks! The Armenian monks and the Greek monks. This is better than West Side Story. Snap, snap, snap. The cops had to come break it up! Apparently these fights happen a lot. Oh, and when you go to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, make sure you wear your neutral gang colors. FYI the Armenians wear pink and red and the Greeks wear black. From the AP:
The brawling began during a procession of Armenian clergymen commemorating the 4th-century discovery of the cross believed to have been used to crucify Jesus.
The Greeks objected to the march without one of their monks present, fearing that otherwise, the procession would subvert their own claim to the Edicule — the ancient structure built on what is believed to be the tomb of Jesus — and give the Armenians a claim to the site.
The Armenians refused, and when they tried to march the Greek Orthodox monks blocked their way, sparking the brawl.
- Illinois is hoping for a tourism bump due to Barack’s win. Really? Well alright. Walsh, I’ll see you soon.
- Ohhh the Onion. Always makes me chuckle. I can totally picture this story on Fox though.
[Posted by Kathleen]