The weekend is within our grasp, friends! Here are some quick and things to look at before you go out for a raging Friday night and Mallory and I roadtrip to New Jersey for a conference with some of our bloggy correspondents (aka our best friends from college…minus a few. You’ll be missed!)
- Japan just debuted it’s first robotic model on a runway. Mimu, as she is called, modeled a wedding dress. If I was Tyra, I’d tell Mimu she needs to look alive in her eyes. She’s not giving any fire!
- Facebook is turning five years old, and we haven’t gotten tired of it yet. Check out this piece (I may or may not know the journo behind it.) and DEFINITELY watch the video to see a 96-year-old man talk about the single most devastating factor to my college GPA. Click HERE to read the story!
- This is weird. All 14-year-old Corby Cowart wanted to do was taste the rainbow. His mother said yes, and he went to grab a bag of Skittles and he found a bag of cocaine in the Skittles box. Yikes. He said he knew what it was because he watches the TV show “COPS”. Dammit, I HATE IT when stupid shows on the teevee actually teach kids stuff. (Please refer to the story about Grayson Wynne) According to Corby and his mama, the manager of the CVS laughed it off. Seriously? The manager disputes the claim. Of course.
- Don’t copy that floppy! A hilarious old video to prevent the young folk from copying computer games on the floppy disks. Stunningly bad acting, floppy disks and a Fresh Prince style rapper? Yup, welcome back to the 90s.
- Katie Holmes made her much anticipated “So You Think You Can Dance” appearance last night. BORING. Honestly, all she did was walk around and occasionally twirl. And the lip syncing was out of control. Not impressed.
That’s all for now, Folks!
[Posted by Kathleen]